Friday, September 29, 2006

Shopaholic Ties The Knot by Sophie Kinsella.


Author: Sophie Kinsella
ISBN: 0552999571
Genre: Chick Lit

Publisher: Black Swan.


"Rebecca Bloomwood has the dream job. She's a personal shopper, so is able to spend other people's money all day instead of her own. And she gets paid for doing it. The perfect job, the perfect man - gorgeous Luke Brandon - and now...the perfect wedding. Yes, Luke has proposed and wedding bells are in sight. No excuses are needed to start the shopping trip of all time. And Becky's parents are just assuming that the wedding will be at home - a marquee in the garden and Becky in her mum's wedding dress, which she's been saving specially for the occasion. But Luke's mother has very different ideas - a huge affair in New York in a forest glade setting - or perhaps a Venetian Ball, or a fin de siecle extravagance? Now Becky's getting confused. She doesn't want to say 'no' to anyone. The plans are going ahead, and soon it will be too late to turn back - from either wedding... "

I really liked this installment of the Shopaholic series. It was fun to read and exciting and yes as usual, you find yourself shouting down to Becky in the book trying to make her see sense! LOL.

Delicous Luke is as gorgeous as ever, but in my opinion he's not in it enough!
I loved how the story kept you gripped, you really want Becky to do the right thing, but being Becky she's always going to talk herself out of it! Hmmmm.

If you have an interfering Mother inlaw, I think you'll be able to relate to Becky in this one, at times you'll feel frustrated and at others times you'll be shouting "Go Beck, you go girl!!!"

I laughed loads throughout this book, it made me happy, sad and anxious. All my emotions were being brought to the surface.

This was for me the best installment of the series so far.

My Verdict: Fabulous!


5 comments:

Kailana said...

I think this book was the better of the books too. I personally find the one with her sister annoying, but some people really liked it. Next year, she is having a baby... that oughta be interesting.

Tina Chaulk said...

I did not like the sister one much either but I like the first book in this series a tad more than this one but it was a great book.

Clare said...

I must be the only one who liked the sister one LOL I love the whole series and can't wait for the new one :-))

Margo. said...

I've never read Shopaholic & a sister. So have just started it. :)

Margo. said...

Finsihed the sister one and did a review. I perosnally loved it more than the others.