Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker.


Author: Clive Barker
ISBN: 0-00-772461-6
Genre: Fantasy

Publisher: Grafton

"In the small Californian town of Palomo Grove several children are born, the offspring of the Jaff, a man-spirit obsessed with darkness and depravity, and of Fletcher, a force for light, who has fought the Jaff across America. Their Prize is the Art, the greatest power known to mankind, a doorway to the dream-life of the species. To possess it, the two men intend to fight through their children. Until their children fall in love. Then all hell breaks loose. This time, they will fight to the death, gathering their armies from the souls of palomo Grove. Nightmares will walk the streets. Dreams will be made real. At last, the Grove will see the Great and Secret Show."


I haven't read many fantasy books, and I got this one because my hubby had bought me Everville and I found it it was the Sequel to 'The Great and Secret Show'. So I went out and got that first.

From the first page of reading this book I was hooked, I really enjoyed it. I found it to be fast paced and exciting to read. There was one character in the book I was expecting to be stronger, but I have to read Everville yet so I may be suprised when I read it. There are some sexual related topics in this book which were a bit ewww! But they help you to get a better opinion and learn more of the character.

I felt attached to some of the characters and I loved Raul.
I'm really looking forward to reading Everville to find out how the story ends.


My Verdict: A Great Read.

No comments: